Saturday 10 March 2012

Date #2: The Refreshing One

Rest when you're weary. Refresh and renew yourself,your mind, body and soul. Then get back to work. -Ralph Marston                                                 

After a peaceful night at  The Residence Tunis, our five star resort hotel, we will be feeling ready to indulge in some relaxation. According to advice from other Tunis travellers, the Raf Raf beach, not too far from Tunis, is a beautiful beach backed by sand dunes, and the clearest water. A quick dunk in the water and a long day at the beach would be just what everyone needed after a busy day at the Old Medina. Remember, to me, travel is not just about the sights you see, but the smells of the fresh beach air, the sounds of the tides crashing in, and the taste of the sea's saltwater. Until we touch on all the senses, we cannot say we've truly traveled. The video below nicely emphasizes the senses, and describes the mood I will be feeling.


So, at the end of today, I will have picked my second date off of my date palm. The minute it enters my mouth, I can tell it is refreshing. Refreshed is exactly what I will be feeling after a long day on the beach.

Your Date-Picker,
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment