Thursday 1 March 2012

Post Date-Picking: Down to the Roots

If you don't know where you're going, you will probably end up somewhere else. -Lawrence J. Peter


Welcome back to reality! So, at this point, in a sense, you have all "virtually traveled" my dream vacation to Tunisia. You've watched as I've picked and tasted all the dates off of my date palm, and have arrived at the bare roots. You've experienced days (and dates) just as I will experience them when the time comes for me to make my dream a reality. You've trekked through everything from mouth-watering foods to refreshing days on the beach; from satisfying adventures to exciting desert journeys. You've endured the sweetness of spa relaxation, and even shared in discovering my rewarding historical heritage. This would be my ideal vacation because it suits my interests, preferences and abilities. 


I usually don't like thinking about a budget when planning, because I find that it restricts me, and I DO NOT want to restrict myself when it comes to my dream. Therefore, just roughly reporting, the trip for just myself including flights/bus fare (~$2500), meals (~$700), accommodation (~$3000), excursions (~$1000), and spending money (~$500) will cost me close to $8,000.00--a price that is within a reasonable budget for my dream. In all seriousness though, I do believe that one cannot truly put a price on what I will be bringing back with me when the trip ends. Who can follow a budget when you're dealing with family, history, culture and most importantly, a dream that you possess? It takes me back to that wise person who once told me to never limit myself...that was my mom by the way, and coincidently, she is one of the reasons behind my trip. To put a price on my journey would be like trying to put a price on family, and that is unheard of! 


"Putting a price on my trip would be like putting a price on family..." My mom and I.
So, with that, I will leave you all with one last thought: A vacation is like the date palm I've described to you throughout these posts; full of life, always changing and ever-growing. Everyone will have a different palm, filled with different dates. Everyone will have a different dream destination. Mine is Tunisia. I encourage each and every one of you to discover yours.


Your Date-Picker,
Melissa 




P.S. I'll even bring home some souvenirs for you! But for now, these key words (in the shape of a date) will be the ones that highlight my experience, and that you will remember from my blog. Click on the word cloud below:
Wordle: Tunisian Feelings

No comments:

Post a Comment